Make every moment count and start pursuing your purpose today. As you walk boldly into your purpose, remember Proverbs 16:3- “Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed”.
5 HELPFUL TIPS TO KICKSTART THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAMS
- Understand your value and worth, while recognizing that each of us has something wonderful and unique to offer the world. Many women lack the confidence and courage to pursue the greatness that is already within them. Take the time to figure out your passions and then create a plan to start pursuing them relentlessly.
- Reject all thoughts of fear and doubt and replace those thoughts with faith and determination. Fear will manifest, but you have to make up your mind that you are going to pursue your dreams anyway. Faith and belief in oneself are important traits that must be maintained when one is in pursuit of purpose.
- Faith must be coupled with deliberate action. It is often said “a dream without a plan is just a wish.” You have to move from the realm of dreaming into the realm of doing. You must develop a plan or create a strategy that will keep you focused and outline tangible steps you can take to achieve your goals. Too often, individuals don’t pursue their passion and purpose because they don’t believe the timing is right to start. The reality however, is that the time will never be perfect, so you have to be willing to start before you are ready. You have to start where you are and as you take steps in the right direction, God will guide you and provide the resources you need to move closer to your destiny. We have to be willing to take calculated risks and step out of our comfort zones in order to achieve our greatest potential.
- Surrounding yourself with the right people is another important component to achieving success. It’s essential to have positive influences in your life, who inspire you to be better each day and sharpen you to achieve your greatest potential. Be intentional about having a circle of people who support, challenge, encourage and motivate you beyond your comfort zone. For some, this may mean distancing yourselves from unhealthy and toxic relationships and replacing them with positive and healthy ones. Partner with people who can speak life to your dreams.
- Consistently feed your mind with inspirational and motivational information. Read books about successful leaders, listen to motivational speakers and attend educational seminars or workshops wherever possible. Attend conference calls that provide you the opportunity to learn and grow. Take the time to perfect your craft. For some, you may need to hire a life coach, who can help you uncover your purpose and can help you create a path to reach your destiny. An investment in yourself is never wasted. Be focused, be resilient and be consistent along the journey. The world needs you and your gifts.